Attention recent grads with internship experience and a passion for technology that will shape our future! Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with amazing organizational skills and intellectual curiosity. KCD PR is hiring a full-time PR Assistant based in San Diego (we all met twice a week in an amazing co-working space in Little Italy) to join our award winning (Forbes Top PR Agencies in America 2021) agency specializing in the financial, fintech and emerging technology industries. This position works directly on a small, collaborative team on public relations, digital marketing and social media campaigns for our diverse roster of clients across the nation in emerging categories like fintech, AI, SaaS, cybersecurity and blockchain. This position promises to offer an exciting, fast-paced work environment, access to clients and the opportunity to grow within the firm. If you enjoy rubbing elbows and supporting some of the brightest names in financial and technology with brand-building public relations and marketing campaigns, we want to hear from you. We have a caring and rewarding culture and a fun work environment – we work as hard as we play! Expect a fast paced day and plenty of opportunity to shine and be rewarded for your hard work.
What You Will Be Doing at KCD PR:
- Supporting activities of account team for 5-7 key client accounts
- Assist on agency marketing initiatives – curating content for company newsletter, blog content and digital PR and marketing campaigns
- Participates in day-to-day media monitoring of client and industry news
- Drafting press releases, fact sheets and various other press materials
- Researching national business and technology media on behalf of KCD PR clients
- Executing social media marketing content for new clients and knowledge to use Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter and YouTube
- Utilizing social media platforms to promote client news/events updating/creating pages for clients, web content revisions for client web sites
- Editing web site content, uploading videos, often first draft of client work
Does This Sound Like You?
(*Must meet all criteria*) Candidates with previous experience working in related roles in the financial services and technology industry will be given priority. No recent graduates will be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Communications, Marketing, Finance, Business or related field)ee in related field (Communications, Marketing, Finance, Business or related field)
- Prior internship experience in PR/communications preferred
- You have a strong interest of the financial and technology markets and know the trends, opportunities and challenges that face many of the agency’s clients
- You are a self starter and can think critically and understand what the team needs to be successful
- Superior, proven written and oral communication skills and an obsession with detail-oriented results
- Ability to speak with clients, participate on conference calls and maintain high level of professionalism and maintain confidentiality of client information
- Knowledge of WordPress, basic website editing and Reddit/StockTwits understanding
Competitive salary based on commensurate experience, bonus program for smart goal performance, 401 (k) retirement plan with full company match and annual company profit sharing contributions, generous group health care plan options, PTO plus paid company holiday from Christmas Day through New Year’s Day, free beer, breakfast and all sorts of goodies at our awesome co-working space in Little Italy.
How to Apply:
Send your CV and tell us why you’re a great fit with KCD PR to [email protected]. No calls please.