Our ideal candidate is a news and digital marketing junkie, who loves the thrill of pitching top-tier business media, writing a timely blog post and managing client PR & marketing campaigns. Pitching the Wall Street Journal or TechCrunch? No problem. Searching and networking for the next great speaking opportunity for a client? Of course! You live to see your clients featured in the spotlight. KCD PR is hiring a full-time Account Manager based in San Diego or virtual (with some travel to San Diego!) to join our growing agency specializing in the financial, fintech and emerging technology industries. This position works directly on a small, collaborative team on public relations, digital marketing and social media campaigns for our diverse roster of clients across the nation in emerging categories like fintech, AI, SaaS, cybersecurity and blockchain. This position promises to offer an exciting, fast-paced work environment, access to clients and the opportunity to grow within the firm. If you enjoy rubbing elbows and supporting some of the brightest names in financial and technology with brand-building public relations and marketing campaigns, we want to hear from you. We have a caring and rewarding culture and a fun work environment – we work as hard as we play! Expect a fast paced day and plenty of opportunity to shine and be rewarded for your hard work.
What You Will Be Doing at KCD PR:
- Key contact for clients, supporting daily communications for 5-7 key client accounts in financial services and fintech
- Managing and mentoring junior team members to nurture and foster a rewarding growth environment
- Key role on agency marketing initiatives – creating company newsletter, blog content and digital PR and marketing campaigns
- Participates in day-to-day media monitoring of client and industry news
- Creating press releases, fact sheets and various other press materials
- Strategizing on public relations and marketing goals and objectives
- Pitching/conversing with national business and technology media on behalf of KCD PR clients
- Managing social media marketing content for new clients and knowledge to use Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter and YouTube
- E-Marketing management, blog posts and landing page content creation
- Utilizing social media platforms to promote client news/events updating/creating pages for clients, web content revisions for client web sites
- Editing web site content, uploading videos, often first draft of client work
Does This Sound Like You?
(*Must meet all criteria*) Candidates with previous experience working in related roles in the financial services and technology industry will be given priority. No recent college graduates will be considered.
- At least 5+ Years previous PR or marketing agency experience (with technology and/or financial services clients)
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Communications, Marketing, Finance, Business or related field)
- You have proven skills of integrating and leveraging social media programs, print and broadcast media to heighten client exposure and visibility
- You have a strong knowledge of the financial and technology markets and know the trends, opportunities and challenges that face many of the agency’s clients
- You’re a communication guru and have a strong portfolio of writing (creative and strategic) and possess a healthy network of media contacts that have helped garner impressive results
- Experience managing multiple client accounts and collaborating with a team of internal resources
- Superior, proven written and oral communication skills and an obsession with detail-oriented results
- Ability to speak with clients, participate on conference calls and maintain high level of professionalism and maintain confidentiality of client information
- Knowledge of WordPress, basic website editing a plus
Competitive salary based on commensurate experience, bonus program for smart goal performance, 401 (k) retirement plan with full company match and annual company profit sharing contributions, 100% subsidy on group health care, dental and vision plans, remote office equipment stipend, annual professional development stipend, company retreat/conference meetups and generous PTO plus paid company holiday from Christmas Day through New Year’s Day
How to Apply:
Send your CV and tell us why you’re a great fit with KCD PR to [email protected] No calls please.